Thursday 21 April 2016

George's Evaluation Plan

Evaluation Questions

Question 1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
I plan to do some form of a talk show with the rest of my group; we will film this talk show and prepare notes and questions for each other that are related to the question.
Our film uses a few products that develop the conventions of real media conventions. We used a camera, tripod and editing software (Corel VideoStudio Pro X3). Using this software we were able to edit the shots that we recorded on our camera using our tripod to aid the steadiness of camera on most shots. By using the editing system we could add the transitions that we needed such as the Blend for the shot of the Eye which transitions to the shot of the Roulette Table.

What code and conventions did our film use?
  • ·         A killing
  • ·         A chase
  • ·         Low key lighting
  • ·         Fast Paced editing
  • ·         Face pace music
  • ·         Close ups on characters facial expressions


Question 2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?
I plan on answering this question on a prezi by presenting the different social groups in our film. The groups that were represented are business men and gangsters. Business men can be represented in two of the characters my character (the mafia leader) and Ellis (the guy getting hunted). And the gangster is represented by Harvey (an assassin).  Ellis is on the run and being hunted by his bosses assassin. We have taken some cliché moments from other thriller action films such as:
  • ·         Guy being hunted
  • ·         Evil Boss

Question 3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
I plan on answering this question on a power point to show that we didn’t have a budget so we had to look at independent companies in their field, not owned or partnered with any logistics companies.  I am looking at independent companies such as:
  • ·         Peccadillo Pictures Ltd
  • ·         Launching Films Inc.

Question 4. Who would be an audience for your media product?
I plan on answering this question as a leaflet. So I can use the poster as advertisement as well showing that our film is a 15. I’ll answer these questions in the leaflet:
·         What makes our film a 15?
·         Why is the target audience for 15 year olds and above?
·         What relations does it have to other thriller films?

Question 5. How did you attract/ address your audience?
I will answer this question using animation software.
I can bring in pictures of our questionnaire that we did at the start of the course to find a target audience. I can refer to question 1 and also mention the code and conventions. We also can show the audience the most popular answers and show what we could be making. I will be answering these questions during the animation as well:
·         What did the audience expect?
·         Did we include the answers of the questionnaire in our film?
·         What code and conventions did we relate to?

Question 6. What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I will answer this question as a podcast  and I will list all of the technologies that we used on the course.
I will start with ‘In pre-production, production and post-production we used a lot of technologies using software and hardware’. I will also explain the different skills that I have learnt throughout the course as well. Making some points such as:
·         What went well during the course and what went bad during the course?
·         How could I improve the final edit of the film?

Question 7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full project?
I plan on answering this question as a film, this way I can prepare handouts I can show the camera of past experience in filming and explain that I have some work experience in media such as filming some shots but also show the areas that I haven’t used such as editing. I will also show how I adapted to this course (because I didn’t do GCSE) and show the issues that I faced on this course as well.
What did I learn from the preliminary task at the start of the year?
·         Plan the production beforehand.
·         Look at areas of improvement such as editing problems, shots too long or short etc.

·         How to focus on and keep your target audience attracted to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment