Friday 27 November 2015

Editing Practice (Transitions)

Continuing with my training to become a successful editor before we get round to filming our own thriller, I decided to try adding transitions to my small clips on Corel editor.

I originally found the process of adding a transition difficult as I found it difficult to drag the transitions to where they were needed. Originally, I was trying to drag in a transition before I had two clips next to each other, not realizing that the project had to have two before you could add any effects. Once I had worked this out I added a basic fade transition between the two clips and played it to ensure it was working correctly, and it was so perfectly. As seen below, I have the two clips together with the transition effect included. With this I have learnt how to add these effects, which I’ve realized, will be particularly when editing our own thriller film.


With editing our own film, transitions will be particularly important for us to show a smooth, professional transition between shots, likely helping us to achieve the highest grade possible while also entertaining our audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment