Wednesday 18 November 2015

More Editing Practise

Well, I’m sticking to my promise! In my earlier post I described how I would be keeping the blog updated with my progress with editing. Happily, I can report that some progress has been made. Originally I only had some basic opening titles with no sound and no video, but now I have advanced my skills and in my previous study lesson and media theory class I was able to work out how to add some sounds and small video clips onto a black editing canvas.

I put this into practice and was able to add some music to my amateur opening titles, which I hope will serve as a template for our group at a later date, which added some significant improvement to them. I felt as if an effect had been added which overall improved the viewer’s experience, something I had previously underestimated. Music, as well as sound effects, actually appear to add an element of professionalism to the clip. I have not only learnt this editing skill, but I have also, in the process, learnt how important music and sound is and how quickly it can improve a short edited video.

When we are editing our completed film, I realise now how important it will be to know how to add sound and other audio clips. This can vastly improve any video, especially a completed film and could potentially improve our groups’ grade as a result. If I put this skill into practice regularly during the editing and post production it will make the film more atmospherically meaningful to the audience as they can pick up what the sounds, as part of mise-en-scene, are trying to convey within our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment